Sunday, October 30, 2016

EDTC 6433-What I learned, Week 5: Collaboration

Tech Smackdown:
The Tech Smackdown was fun! I presented about Raz-Kids, which is an amazing program that I use everyday for reading groups in my classroom. Each reading group gets to go on once a week at school. I ask parents to pay for it in the beginning of the year since it does require a subscription. I enjoyed listening to the other presentations as well. One that I may try in the future is Bloomz. I hope it would help to eliminate the length and frequency of emails. I send out bi-weekly newsletters through email to my parents, so I wonder if there would be a way to send it over the Bloomz program. I will have to check it out!

Skype in the Classroom:
The Mystery Skype session was both educational and engaging. I loved playing the guessing game and could definitely see myself doing that with my class! I loved that there was a GoNoodle mystery Skype session coming up when we last logged on. That is something that my students would LOVE! My only concern is obtaining a camera for my ActivBoard. It would only make sense for me to do a whole class skype session that way, since students wouldn't be able to see on a small laptop.

Breakout EDU:
This was definitely the highlight of the night! It was cool seeing everyone's strengths and how we worked together to figure out the locks and beat the timer. Overall I think we worked well as a group and took on certain roles without really having to designate anyone. In the classroom, I might have to help facilitate with my 2nd graders as they are still learning about appropriate social-emotional actions. I could see staff doing this during a LEAP to build teamwork and community.

Overall this week's class was a lot of fun. I really have enjoyed all that I have learned so far and am looking forward to what is yet to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment