Saturday, October 15, 2016

EDTC 6433-What I learned, Week 3: Communication and Presentation

I loved the learnings this week. Doing the class Twitter chat was actually really fun! I didn't realize that all the posts we were sending were automatically posting to our Twitter pages, and vise versa. I have had back-and-forth conversations on Twitter, but wasn't aware of actual Twitter chats. I think I would like to try the Teachers College Reading Writing Project chat, the 2nd grade chat, or the BrainPop chat. I would love to collaborate with teachers whom I don't know and most likely don't live near me. I think it would only benefit my knowledge and help me to reflect.

I also found making an Office Mix very interesting. It was actually way easier and more user-friendly than I anticipated it to be! I really liked the feature of deleting the recordings for just the particular slide you were on. The first time I messed up, I thought I was going to have to start all over. I think that next time I may want to try making a mix on a computer with a less-sensitive microphone. The microphone on my laptop picked up EVERYTHING! Slight movements I made, or even the clicking sound of my mouse moving to the next slide were picked up. I will have to figure out next time how to lessen the background noise.

I definitely think Mix would be beneficial for my parents. If I made a presentation for parents to listen to, like the Curriculum Night mix I posted, it may make them feel more at-ease with the information, as well as be more accommodating to their schedules if they aren't able to make it to the event.

No comments:

Post a Comment