Sunday, November 13, 2016

EDTC 6433-What I learned, Week 6: Research

Big 6 Research Skills/5 Star Research:

"Work smarter, not faster." This resonated with me when learning about the Big 6 Research Skills. As teachers, we are reminded to "work smarter, not harder," so applying this way of thinking when researching is important. These past 2 weeks, when researching Digital Citizenship for my annotated bibliography, I was unknowingly using these skills while narrowing down which sources and cites to use. Maneuvering your way through the cyber-world of research can be daunting and tricky, but keeping these skills in mind can help with the process.

I appreciated making a plan for my research before collecting my sources. I liked trying out the different search engines, and even learning about some I had never heard of before! Google results were still the best of all--Sorry Bing. In my opinion, I think using technology has only strengthened research. All of my sources came from the digital "world." Using the internet helps you to find all kinds of sources on one platform. Without the internet, I don't think my research would have been nearly as easy or "smart."

No comments:

Post a Comment