Saturday, October 8, 2016

EDTC 6433-What I learned, Week 2: Digital Citizenship

I really enjoyed this week's learnings! Last week I felt a little discouraged knowing I didn't have enough computers for my class to use at once. This week, however, I feel as though I left with a few tools in my "tool belt" because many of the lessons can be accessed whole-group. I loved that there was a free Brain Pop online etiquette video. I plan on showing both that and the Brain Pop Jr video on internet safety in my classroom. My students LOVE the robot Moby, so I know it will help them to be engaged!

The learning and teaching of Digital Citizenship impacts my teaching because children are living in a world that has an amazing amount of access to technology. Because of this, it is important that they learn how to stay safe, navigate properly, and be respectful online. As they enter into 3rd grade and are accessing so much online to help prepare for the SBA tests, it is important that I help to prepare them for the online world.

No comments:

Post a Comment