Friday, January 6, 2017

Action Research Week 1


This week I was able to clarify my topic by thinking about the length of time needed to research an area of growth I would like to see in the classroom. I decided to focus on all kinds of transitions I am seeing within the classroom: lining up, exiting the classroom, entering the classroom, moving from one activity to another, etc. I was able to start brainstorming and think about the different components needed to research this area. As I research this topic, I will make a plan by filling out the framework and start taking baseline data in my classroom. It will be an interesting topic to gather baseline information on, since transitions happen constantly throughout the day. Next steps include creating a rubric (once I gather enough resources and data).

2 comments:

  1. Considering our conversation in class, I think of your focus on transitions could be a great benefit for your classroom. I'm sure some of the benefits you will see are increased instruction time, increased engagement in learning, and a decrease of off-task behaviors. It will be interesting to see your data collection methods, not to mention the outcomes! I'm sure your second graders will have some interesting perspectives on your changes, as well. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a very intriguing topic, I will be interested to see what works for you. I’m excited to see how you will go about your baseline and post assessment. I’m most interested in seeing what strategies you decided to use with moving from one activity to another. Transitions between different activities are a time hole for my classroom. Good luck going about your research and the application of your strategies.

    ReplyDelete