Sunday, January 15, 2017

Action Research: Week 2

This week I was able to plan and get prepared for my Action Research project on transitions within the classroom. I was able to complete my Focus and Rationale, where I determined my topic, reason for choosing that topic, and my desired outcome and expectations. I also completed my Review of Literature, where I found 5 articles pertaining to my topic. I was able to gather ideas and choose the strategies in which I would like to implement in my own classroom. I particularly enjoyed articles pertaining to Early Childhood classrooms. One even took place in a 2nd grade classroom, which got me excited and hopeful. I also completed my Planning Framework, where I determined all of the "nuts and bolts" of why I am doing this for action research. My plan is to select and try out different transition strategies, each within their own week. I will have my students reflect on which method was their favorite and compare the effectiveness of the data. I think it will be important to ask my students which method they enjoy best, because active engagement and a sense of ownership is important to my teachings. This week I will complete my detailed 4-week plan and begin implementation. I am looking forward to my findings!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad to here you found articles that not only were helpful but took place in your same grade! It can be difficult to take ideas from others grades because it maybe too high or too low for you students. I'm interested in knowing which strategies you are leaning towards. I hope implementation of these strategies goes well for you!

    ReplyDelete